Sunday, February 8, 2009

chad

The Buckner family is having major life altering adventures right now. Chad was booked into the hospital on Tuesday afternoon due to back pain and numbness in his legs and waist. Come to find out his T2 vertebrae was 70% collapsed and a tumor like substance was in the area. Thursday he was transferred to the Huntsman Cancer institute to prepare for major back surgery. Friday he had a procedure done to cut off the blood vessels to the vertebrae. Saturday he went in for surgery. 8 - 10 am he was prepped. 10-5 he was in surgery. They removed the tumor and sent it for testing. They then removed the vertebrae and everything around it. They inserted titanium cages and lots of rods, screws, plates etc. The surgery appears to have gone very well. He obviously is in lots of pain but he looks good and is handling it all very well. Our prayers are being answered everyday. I will keep you posted as often as I can.

5 comments:

RaeLynn said...

Oh my gosh. I don't even know what to say except we'll keep your family in our prayers. I'm glad that everything went well...And that you caught it when you did. Definitely keep us posted.

Anna said...

I hope that Chad continues to recover and do well. We will pray for you and hope for the best.

Jodi said...

Our prayers are with you. I'm sorry you are going through this. If you need someone to watch your boys while you're at the hospital let me know. I'm serious. Drew would love to play with them. Hope all continues to go well.

Gen said...

Amy & Chad,
We love you so much, and ache for what you are going through right now. We wish we could do more(and Amy if you really want to ship the kids up, I will take them anytime)!We are praying for you and I know your names are in more than 4 temples right now! Keep fighting! We love and miss you more than you know! Hopefully our package will get to Mom Buckner's soon for you!
Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you. I am so glad to hear that Chad did well through everything and I am so sorry to hear that he had to go through all that!